The Parking Store, located at 495 Portage Ave., is closed to members of the public until further notice.
Effective Saturday, March 28, the City of Winnipeg will be making the following changes related to parking until further notice:
- Adding temporary 15 minute loading zones in various locations throughout the Downtown and the Exchange District.
- Offering one-hour complimentary parking at all on-street metered locations throughout Winnipeg. Please note, there is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive the one-hour complimentary parking. This is not to be combined with the existing two-hour complimentary Saturday parking in the Downtown area.
- Relaxing enforcement of 1-2 hour time limits on residential streets; however continue to obey all other parking restrictions (i.e. fire hydrants, back lanes, etc.).
Le Magasin de la Direction du stationnement, au 495, avenue Portage, est fermé au public.
À compter du samedi 28 mars et jusqu’à nouvel ordre, la Ville de Winnipeg apportera les changements qui suivent en matière de stationnement :
- Ajout de zones de chargement temporaires de 15 minutes à plusieurs endroits du centre-ville et du quartier de la Bourse
- Stationnement gratuit pendant une heure dans toutes les places minutées sur rue de Winnipeg. Veuillez noter qu’il n’est pas nécessaire de payer quoi que ce soit pour avoir droit à une heure de stationnement gratuite. Cette offre ne peut être cumulée aux deux heures de stationnement au centre-ville gratuit le samedi.
- Assouplissement des contrôles dans les rues résidentielles où le stationnement est limité à 1 ou 2 heures. Les autres restrictions en matière de stationnement (bornes-fontaines, ruelles, etc.) doivent être respectées.
Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit
Effective September 1st, 2016, the owner/lessee of a recreational vehicle may apply for a temporary permit that will exempt the vehicle specified in the permit from parking time limits and one-hour limits that apply to large vehicles, trailers, etc.
- A temporary RV permit allows a single recreational vehicle to be parked on-street a maximum of 4 times per calendar year (January 1 – December 31), with a maximum duration of 3 days per occurrence.
- An applicant may purchase up to a maximum of 4 permits per household within a calendar year, with each permit being registered to one specific recreational vehicle.
A “recreational vehicle” (RV) means a vehicle designed for camping and other recreational purposes. It includes, but is not limited to, a motorhome, a truck on which a camper has been installed, a camping or travel trailer, and any trailer carrying recreational equipment such as a boat or other watercraft, a snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle or other off-road vehicle.
Your licence plate will act as your permit. These permits are Virtual; you will not receive a physical permit to display.
Applying For a Temporary Recreational Vehicle Parking Permit
The applicant must submit the following:
- Valid Licence (required for new customers only)
- Valid MPI Registration (blue piece) and the Certificate of Insurance (white piece) for each recreational vehicle; vehicles registered with “Lay-up Coverage” (storage) will not be added to the permit
- If you are not the owner, a lease or other agreement is also required
- Completed application form
All applications are subject to approval; upon approval and payment being submitted, a permit notification will be sent out to the email provided on the application advising the permit request has been processed. The permit will be kept in a “deactivated status” until the permit holder notifies our office at least 24 hours prior to the start date of a 3 day period.
All outstanding fines and or balances must be paid in full prior to the issuance of a temporary Recreational Vehicle parking permit.
- Available to
For rates please refer to the Fee Schedule
The permit is non-transferable between recreational vehicle owners.
Permit Activation and changes to Your Vehicle Information
To activate and/or change the RV Permit you must fill out a form and submit the vehicle registration along with the licence plate update form.
For full instructions, please see form below.
Note: After hour submissions will be processed the following business day.
In the event a penalty notice has been issued after submitting the plate change request, please have the registered vehicle owner submit a request for screening.
Where to Go
|All Types of Permits||Hours|
495 Portage Avenue
Hours of Operation