The Parking Store, located at 495 Portage Ave., is closed to members of the public until further notice.
Effective Saturday, March 28, the City of Winnipeg will be making the following changes related to parking until further notice:
- Adding temporary 15 minute loading zones in various locations throughout the Downtown and the Exchange District.
- Offering one-hour complimentary parking at all on-street metered locations throughout Winnipeg. Please note, there is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive the one-hour complimentary parking. This is not to be combined with the existing two-hour complimentary Saturday parking in the Downtown area.
- Relaxing enforcement of 1-2 hour time limits on residential streets; however continue to obey all other parking restrictions (i.e. fire hydrants, back lanes, etc.).
Le Magasin de la Direction du stationnement, au 495, avenue Portage, est fermé au public.
À compter du samedi 28 mars et jusqu’à nouvel ordre, la Ville de Winnipeg apportera les changements qui suivent en matière de stationnement :
- Ajout de zones de chargement temporaires de 15 minutes à plusieurs endroits du centre-ville et du quartier de la Bourse
- Stationnement gratuit pendant une heure dans toutes les places minutées sur rue de Winnipeg. Veuillez noter qu’il n’est pas nécessaire de payer quoi que ce soit pour avoir droit à une heure de stationnement gratuite. Cette offre ne peut être cumulée aux deux heures de stationnement au centre-ville gratuit le samedi.
- Assouplissement des contrôles dans les rues résidentielles où le stationnement est limité à 1 ou 2 heures. Les autres restrictions en matière de stationnement (bornes-fontaines, ruelles, etc.) doivent être respectées.
On-Street Paid Parking Price Decrease 2020
This summer, on-street parking rates will be reduced by $0.75. This change will take approximately six to eight weeks to fully implement beginning July 1, 2020 as each individual pay station needs to be reprogrammed manually.
You will know if new rates are in effect by the rate card on the pay station. A temporary sticker will also be placed on the front of a pay station to indicate there are new prices in effect when that pay station is updated. In addition, the table and maps below will be updated daily (weekdays only) indicating the project progress.
- Downtown - Pending
- HSC - Pending
- Selkirk Avenue - Pending
- Tache Avenue - Pending
- Dominion Street - Pending
On-Street Paid Parking - Payment Information
- PayByPhone - The PayByPhone app will charge the reduced rates effective July 1, 2020. This is a great time to go contactless for your payment method and try out the PayByPhone app as you will benefit from the cheaper rate during this transition period.
- Paystations - As it will take a number of weeks to fully implement the rate reduction, some paystations will charge the reduced rate and others will charge the old rate during this time. Updated paystations will display a new rate card to note the new rate in effect, and will have a “New rates in effect” sticker.
- Scratch N Park Meter Passes – Current passes will continue to be honoured for one hour of parking. New passes will be available for purchase or exchange at a later date.
Permit & Services Rate Increase
Please refer to our fee schedule for a listing of approved rates effective July 1, 2020.