The Parking Store, located at 495 Portage Ave., is closed to members of the public until further notice.
Effective Saturday, March 28, the City of Winnipeg will be making the following changes related to parking until further notice:
- Adding temporary 15 minute loading zones in various locations throughout the Downtown and the Exchange District.
- Offering one-hour complimentary parking at all on-street metered locations throughout Winnipeg. Please note, there is no requirement to pay for parking in order to receive the one-hour complimentary parking. This is not to be combined with the existing two-hour complimentary Saturday parking in the Downtown area.
- Relaxing enforcement of 1-2 hour time limits on residential streets; however continue to obey all other parking restrictions (i.e. fire hydrants, back lanes, etc.).
Le Magasin de la Direction du stationnement, au 495, avenue Portage, est fermé au public.
À compter du samedi 28 mars et jusqu’à nouvel ordre, la Ville de Winnipeg apportera les changements qui suivent en matière de stationnement :
- Ajout de zones de chargement temporaires de 15 minutes à plusieurs endroits du centre-ville et du quartier de la Bourse
- Stationnement gratuit pendant une heure dans toutes les places minutées sur rue de Winnipeg. Veuillez noter qu’il n’est pas nécessaire de payer quoi que ce soit pour avoir droit à une heure de stationnement gratuite. Cette offre ne peut être cumulée aux deux heures de stationnement au centre-ville gratuit le samedi.
- Assouplissement des contrôles dans les rues résidentielles où le stationnement est limité à 1 ou 2 heures. Les autres restrictions en matière de stationnement (bornes-fontaines, ruelles, etc.) doivent être respectées.
Parkades and Lots
Apply to Park in a Parkade/Lot
If you are the applicant, you must come in to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue. Please bring the following:
- completed application form
- credit card
- or void cheque (requires completed Pre-authorized payment form)
- deposit(s) if applicable
You will be required to pay for the first month in store. Permits and transponders do not expire until cancelled.
Form ➤ Millennium Permit Application
Form ➤ Pre-authorized Payment Form
Also see information regarding 2 Hour Meter Permits.
Rates & Locations
For current rates and locations please refer to Find Parking.
Changes to your Payment Method
If you wish to update your pre-authorized credit card on file, please contact Winnipeg Parking Authority by calling 311.
A pre-authorized payment form is required if:
- your direct banking information has changed
- your name has changed
- you would like to change your payment type from credit card to pre-authorized debit
Changes to your Vehicle Information
Changes to the vehicles associated to your permit can be made by filling out the form below and providing to WPA. All vehicles displaying a valid permit must be registered prior to parking at our facilities.
Plate updates require a minimum of 1 business day to be processed.
Cancelling a Parking Permit
If you no longer wish to park in a WPA parkade or lot, please remit the following to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue:
- written notice in the form of a completed cancellation form, providing one calendar month's notice.
- your permit or transponder (required by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month)
One calendar month’s written notice is required for cancellations. The cancellation must be received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority by the 1st of the month for cancellation to be effective on the last day of the month. The 1 month notice period will not start until this form has been successfully received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority.
NOTE: Failure to submit the form with proper notice prior to the requested cancellation date will result in charges continuing until a month’s notice has been provided. All parking equipment (transponders, access cards) must be returned to the Winnipeg Parking Authority Office (495 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E4), by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month - after this time any equipment deposits would be forfeit.