Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Winnipeg Parking Authority
The Parking Store

Parkades and Lots

Apply to Park in a Parkade/Lot

If you are the applicant, you must come in to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue. Please bring the following:

  • completed application form
  • credit card
  • or void cheque (requires completed Pre-authorized payment form)
  • deposit(s) if applicable

You will be required to pay for the first month in store. Permits and transponders do not expire until cancelled.

Also see information regarding 2 Hour Meter Permits.

Rates & Locations

For current rates and locations please refer to Find Parking.

Changes to your Payment Method

Credit Card

If you wish to update your pre-authorized credit card on file, please contact Winnipeg Parking Authority by calling 311.


A pre-authorized payment form is required if:

  • your direct banking information has changed
  • your name has changed
  • you would like to change your payment type from credit card to pre-authorized debit

Changes to your Vehicle Information

Changes to the vehicles associated to your permit can be made by filling out the form below and providing to WPA. All vehicles displaying a valid permit must be registered prior to parking at our facilities.

Plate updates require a minimum of 1 business day to be processed.

Form ➤ Licence Plate Registration - Available to

Cancelling a Parking Permit

If you no longer wish to park in a WPA parkade or lot, please remit the following to the Parking Store at 495 Portage Avenue:

  • written notice in the form of a completed cancellation form, providing one calendar month's notice.
  • your permit or transponder (required by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month)


One calendar month’s written notice is required for cancellations. The cancellation must be received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority by the 1st of the month for cancellation to be effective on the last day of the month. The 1 month notice period will not start until this form has been successfully received by the Winnipeg Parking Authority.

NOTE: Failure to submit the form with proper notice prior to the requested cancellation date will result in charges continuing until a month’s notice has been provided. All parking equipment (transponders, access cards) must be returned to the Winnipeg Parking Authority Office (495 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E4), by the 5th day in the effective cancellation month - after this time any equipment deposits would be forfeit.

Form ➤ Cancellation Form - Available to


Last update: August 15, 2017

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.