Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Winnipeg Parking Authority
The Parking Store

Penalty notice (ticket) information

The City of Winnipeg enforces a number of less-serious bylaw offences by issuing a penalty notice, more commonly known as a ticket. The rules regarding the content, delivery, and appeal process for penalty notices are outlined in the Province of Manitoba’s Municipal By-law Enforcement Act and the City’s Municipal By-law Enforcement Act Enabling By-law.

If you’ve received a penalty notice, you have two options: request a review by a City screening officer or pay the fine.

Pay a penalty notice (ticket)

Many bylaw offences are eligible for an early payment discount if the fine is paid within 14 days of the penalty notice being served.

Payment options

Request a review (screening)

If you decide to request a review of the penalty notice, the City screening officer may:

  • uphold the fine amount,
  • reduce the fine amount,
  • or cancel the penalty notice.

Request online screening

Check the status of your request

Once the request for a review by a screening officer has been received, you may check the status of your screening review online.

Request screening status

Request Adjudication

If you disagree with the City screening officer’s decision, you may request a review by a Provincially-appointed adjudicator.

There is a $25 adjudication fee that will be refunded if your appeal is successful. If you would like to request adjudication, please contact 311.

Adjudication results

Adjudication results are published and available on the City of Winnipeg’s Open Data Portal.

Paying or appealing a penalty notice video

Last update: September 6, 2022

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.