Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Winnipeg Parking Authority
The Parking Store

Pay or Request screening FAQ

General FAQS

I've received a parking penalty notice (ticket) but I am not sure what I did wrong. How can I find out?

Visit our parking violations page.

Manitoba Public Insurance publishes basic information on illegal parking in the Manitoba Driver Handbook.

If you still have questions, contact the Winnipeg Parking Authority.

Parking rules and regulations are outlined in Provincial legislation and City of Winnipeg By-Laws:

Review of penalty notices (tickets) is governed by:

How do I pay a penalty notice (ticket)?

You may pay your penalty notice online, by phone, in person or by drop box. You can find more information on these methods in the Pay a Penalty Notice (Ticket) section of our website.

If I disagree with a City by-law that is enforced by a parking penalty notice (ticket), what should I do?

Contact your Councillor and request a change to the By-Law.

The needs of the City change from year to year and policy direction can occur at Council level.

To find out the name of your City Council member, go to the City of Winnipeg's Citizen's Information Service.

From there, you can get your Council member's contact information from the Current Council Members page on the City of Winnipeg website.

I can't access the parking contravention photos. Why not?

Any images taken to support the issuance of the penalty notice will be available for review at the time of screening, should you wish to proceed with that option. However, photographic evidence is not required for the issuance of a penalty notice and may not exist in every case. You may also request a copy of photos by contacting 311.

For more information please visit FAQs - Winnipeg Parking Authority - City of Winnipeg

What are my options to dispute my penalty notice?

The first step in disputing a penalty notice is to request that it be reviewed by a Screening Officer. This can be done in person during regular business hours (excluding holidays and other closures), or on-line. Please note that the powers of a Screening Officer are limited to reducing or cancelling a penalty notice only in certain circumstances involving errors in the issuance of the penalty notice, or in circumstances prescribed by bylaw. The Screening Officer must consider the full administrative penalty amount (fine) when reviewing the penalty notice.

What if I do not agree with the decision of the Screening Officer?

Should you disagree with the decision of the Screening Officer, you may request review by a provincially-appointed adjudicator. There is a $25 fee for requesting an adjudication, which will be refunded should you be successful. When you receive the decision of the Screening Officer, additional information on the adjudication process will be provided to you.

Where will the screening officer's notice of decision be served once the screening has been completed?

In accordance with the Municipal By-Law Enforcement Act Enabling By-Law 59/2016, the screening officer must give a copy of the written reasons for the decision to the person who has requested the review.

Where a notice is referred to in this bylaw, the notice may be given by delivering it personally or to the last known address of the person or corporation, by mailing a copy by regular mail, or by electronic means.

Winter season FAQS

Proceed to request screening

Proceed to pay a penalty notice

Please note that by paying the penalty, you are waiving the right to contest the penalty notice under the Municipal By-law Enforcement Act.

Last update: April 3, 2023

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.